Frappuccino is a blend of ice, milk, coffee, and flavored syrups topped with whipped cream. It is one of the popular drinks sold at Starbucks. Basically, Frappuccino is not invented by Starbucks. Originally, it was made in George Howell’s Eastern Massachusetts coffee shop chain named, The Coffee Connection. However, in 1994, Starbucks purchased The Coffee Connection and gained the rights to sell the coffee by their name. Soon, the drink got quite popular and started selling worldwide.
Following are some of the types of Frappuccino’s available at Starbucks:
- Pistachio Coffee Frappuccino® Blended Beverage.
- Caramel Brulée Frappuccino® Blended Beverage.
- Chestnut Praline Frappuccino®
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino® Blended Beverage.
- Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino® Blended Beverage.
- Toasted White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino® Blended Beverage.
Crème Frappuccino doesn’t have coffee in it and is available at Starbucks. Matcha Green Tea, Vanilla Bean, Strawberry, and Chai are some of their most popular flavors. Java chip Frappuccino has gained the highest popularity among beverage lovers. It has a double chocolate chip flavor, and who doesn’t like chocolate toppings?
However, Frappuccino is not one of the healthiest drinks that one can drink at Starbucks. Moreover, the top four unhealthiest drinks they have are all Frappuccino. Their calorie count is insane as they are loaded with sugar, fat, and cream.
Following are the names of those:
1. Caramel Cocoa Cluster Frappuccino
It is made with whole milk, containing 450 calories and a high amount of sugar and fat.
2. Red Velvet Cake Crème Frappuccino Blended Crème
It is also loaded with fats and sugar with the taste of red velvet cake.
3. White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino Blended Coffee
Whole milk and chocolate are the main ingredients of this Frappuccino coffee. Also, it has an insane amount of whipped cream on the top that provides about 520 calories.
4. Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino Blended Coffee
It may tantalize your taste buds as it has cinnamon with loads of sugar in it. But it is unhealthy at the same time.
On the other hand, the Coffee Light Frappuccino Blended Coffee is an excellent choice if you want a healthier drink. It’s a combination of no-fat milk and a mix of artificial sweeteners. Its consistency is thinner as it doesn’t have whipped cream on it, making it light and almost healthy. It contains 110 calories, which is way too less than the unhealthier Frappuccino options.
Ingredients Used in Frappuccino
- Ice: Crushed ice is a much better option than ice cubes.
- Espresso or Strong Coffee: You may use a home espresso maker or just brew very strong coffee to give it a delicious taste.
- Milk: Use whatever milk you like – be it soy, almond, coconut, etc.
- Sweetener: Use the sweetener according to your taste, depending upon whether you want your coffee to be more or less sweet.
- Optional Toppings: You can add different toppings, such as flavored syrups or whipped cream.
How to Make Frappuccino at Home
- Blend together all the ingredients; ice, sweetener, espresso, and milk.
- Pour it into your coffee cup or glass with some additional toppings of your liking.
- Your fancy Frappuccino filled with the goodness of taste is ready and waiting to be served.
- Enjoy every sip!