Desserts always have to be special in our household. No matter how delectable the savory dishes I make, everyone is still looking out for the dessert to come out after dinner. It is probably due to our association with the desserts – we, enjoying one peaceful time together before everyone heads out to their secluded place in the house.
Often, when I am too tired to work out on a complicated dessert recipe, I search for the easiest ones that can be whipped or baked in less than 20-30 minutes. Unlike my expectations, the internet was filled with several dessert ideas that could be made last minute.
So, I jumped on the bandwagon and tried a few myself. The result? It was amazing! My family loves these quick dessert recipes, and now I do not have to spend a lot of time deliberating about what to make for dessert. These recipes are a game-changer. Try them and let me know how they taste.
Quick Dessert Recipes
1. Blueberry Cookie Parfaits
This is the easiest pie recipe that I had ever tried. It is made of fresh blueberries and a crumb pie shell that you can either make at home or buy from a superstore.
- 1 ½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups of fresh blueberries
- Water 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and sugar until the crumbs are moistened.
- Spread the crumbs on the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate and put them in the preheated oven (350F) until the crust is golden and firm. This takes about 8 minutes. Remove and place it on a rack to cool off.
- Mix 2 cups of fresh blueberries with sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and add to the mixture in the saucepan. Bring it to a boil again and stir constantly. Cook on low heat while stirring for 2 more minutes. Mix in lemon juice, butter, and the remaining blueberries after removing them from the heat. Spread it on the cool crumb crust and let the pie sit until it is set.
- You can serve it with whipped cream on top.
2. Fastest Cheesecake
Okay, so this has been one of the best quick dessert recipes I have tried so far. Cheesecake is an all-time favorite, and there is no denying it. However, this cheesecake turns out a little softer and less firm than a baked one. But hey, you can either save time or comprise a little on the look. The taste is the same, though. It is best to get a pre-made graham cracker pie crust to speed up the process even more.
- Full-fat cream cheese (softened) 11 ounces
- Sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 9-inch pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until it is fluffy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk into the cream slowly and gradually while constantly mixing so that everything is mixed properly. Add lemon juice by the same method and beat until the mixture is super smooth.
- Pour over the graham cracker pie crust and let it set or chill for an hour.
3. Easiest Fudge Recipe
The key to this easiest recipe of fudge is to use sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk.
- Semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- Sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat the chocolate chips and milk in the microwave to melt for 2 minutes on medium power. Keep stirring in between.
- When the mixture is smooth and creamy, all the chips are melted, stir in butter and cream and mix everything.
- Pour this mixture into a square pan and let it cool.
- Let the fudge cool and become firm. Then wrap it well and store it at room temperature.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.
Quick Dessert Recipes Are the Best
There is nothing wrong with other desserts, but if you get hooked on these quick dessert recipes, you might never go back to the hours-long recipes taking you forever to prepare them. These desserts are quick and taste equally delicious. Also, there is always fun in trying out new ways and combinations that go well.
Personally, the cheesecake recipe tops my list of the quickest recipes I have to make for my family. They love the creamy texture and taste. It is the easiest one on the list and takes nothing more than beating the cream cheese with other ingredients and pouring over the cookie crust. Try it and thank me later!