It is never too soon to start decorating for fall. Especially with enthusiastic kids around, you have no choice but to start decorating and preparing for fall as early as August. If you also cannot hold your excitement for fall and Halloween like me, then jump on the fall bandwagon and enjoy a cup of delicious pumpkin cream cold brew to welcome the fall officially.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe
You must have ordered this scrumptious drink ton of times at your favorite Starbucks. It is amongst the top ones on their menu. However, if you are ever craving it at home, then I have you covered. Besides being the top drink at Starbucks, it is also easiest to stir up at home. Let’s check out the recipe.
What You Need
Pumpkin cream cold brew does not require any fancy ingredients that you cannot find in your kitchen. You need seven items to prepare this masterpiece.
1. Pumpkin Puree
Nothing gives that delicious pumpkin flavor than the real pumpkin puree.
2. Pumpkin Spice
A little pumpkin spice boosts up any fall drink.
3. Maple Syrup
Yes, you can make this drink with maple syrup and avoid white sugar altogether.
Use a pinch of salt to balance every flavor.
5. Heavy Cream
This is the most needed ingredient that adds the same richness to your drink as the original Starbucks one.
You would need 2% milk, to be precise, to mix into the heavy cream, or it will probably clump in the drink.
7. Cold Brew Coffee
- Homemade: homemade cold brew coffee takes about 12 to 14 hours to be prepared.
- Store-brought: another option is the store-bought cold brew coffee in which you can use the prepared cold brew concentrate.
Making the Cold Brew
If you opt for making the cold brew at home, you need to start at least a day before. The easiest way to make cold brew at home is to take coarsely ground coffee beans and water with a ratio of 1:3. Stir the mixture until the coffee grounds and water are mixed perfectly.
Refrigerate the mixture overnight or for about 12 hours. Your cold brew coffee concentrate is ready to use. This is the basic cold brew coffee concentrate you can use in any cold brew recipe, including this pumpkin cream cold brew recipe.
How to Make the Pumpkin Cream
To make the pumpkin cream for this drink, you have to mix pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, milk, and cream in a jar. Close the jar with a tight-sealing cap and mix it vigorously. You can use a milk frother to transform the cream into foam. If you drink coffee regularly and prefer it foamy, it is best to invest in a frother machine; otherwise, a hand-held frother or an espresso machine with a wand will do.
Of course, if none of the above options are available, you can even use the old shake-the-jar-till-you-make-it method. Just put milk in a mason jar and close the lid tightly. Now shake it with all the force and keep shaking it until the milk turns foamy. The Mason jar method might not produce as much foam as the frother machines, but if you are in a hurry, you can make it work too.
Making the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
The best part of making pumpkin cream cold brew is the last one. You have to pour cold brew coffee in a glass over lots of ice and add as much pumpkin cream as you desire! This is the best fall item you need.
Some Information about the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- The good news for lactose-intolerant people is that you can make this delicious drink dairy-free. To do so, you can use other good options for creamier milk other than dairy milk. You can use oat milk or pea milk to make the heavy cream creamier.
- You can use your frother to turn the heavy cream into foam.
- This drink is usually served over ice because the cold brew coffee you use will remain concentrated. Thus, your drink might tend to be a tad bit bitter.
- You can easily make this drink beforehand and store it for later use. Keeping the cold brew coffee concentrate and pumpkin cream separately in containers or jars in the refrigerator is the best option. You need to mix the two ingredients whenever preparing this drink.
- An insider tip is to use skimmed milk for making the foam for pumpkin cream cold brew. Skimmed milk makes the best foam as it froths up well.
- Almond and oat milk also make the best foam if you opt for a non-dairy version of this popular fall drink.
- You can also switch to any other sweetener that you prefer. You can use granulated sugar (as Starbucks does) or maple syrup to make it more nutritious and less fattening.
Nothing feels like fall than sipping this cold pumpkin cream cold brew at home while taking out the fall decorations and deciding on the costume for Halloween. Spice up your fall evenings with this mouth-watering drink that tastes like heaven with each sip. It is the simplest cold brew recipe for fall, which does not require anything fancy or costly.