It’s Father’s Day weekend, which means that we’re probably scrambling to find the best dessert recipe to make for that special Dad. If your dad is anything like mine was, he had quite the sweet tooth. I would have loved to make him something that would make him appreciate how much I adored the recipes he made for me over the years!
My dad made the most excellent brownies. Anything he made for us we appreciated and loved because he always worked super hard to make sure we had an excellent childhood. I know he would have loved to make these recipes with me and my son if he were here.
What do you have planned with your dad for the weekend? Enjoying the heat? Making a special dinner and treating him to the newest gadgets he loves? Always remember that he probably doesn’t want the crazy Father’s Day gifts. He’s probably more looking forward to spending time with his kids (or even grandkids) who may not visit as much as they used to.
Although, these peanut butter dessert recipes are so amazing I had to share. And they don’t take too many ingredients which is even better! You make these within half an hour (even less for the no-bake peanut butter balls) and have them ready for his judgement in no-time. These quick and easy Father’s Day recipes are perfect and sweet, just like your love for Dad!
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Brownies for Father’s Day
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, , melted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 bag peanut butter cups, , unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or line with foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together oil and melted chocolate. Stir in eggs and sugar until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into prepared pan. Press peanut butter cups evenly over the batter until covered. Pour remaining batter over, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover with foil or a baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove foil and spread the melted chocolate over the brownies. Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups over the top.
- Let cool before serving.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
1½ cups creamy peanut butter1
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces chocolate melting wafers
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar until fully combined.
Use a medium cookie scoop, about 1.5 tablespoons, to measure out even amounts of the peanut butter mixture. Roll the mixture between your palms to form balls.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until fully melted.
Dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate and place on wax paper to set, sprinkle the tops with extra graham cracker crumbs or sprinkle, if desired.