This vegan banana bread recipe is my all-time favorite! It is easy to make and requires only 25 minutes of prep time with a cook time of 50 minutes. And the best thing about this recipe is that it requires less than 10 ingredients.
Excited about the vegan banana bread recipe? Let’s check it out.
- 6 tablespoons of aquafaba
- 3 very ripe bananas (the riper, the better).
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons of oat milk or unsweetened plant-based milk of your own choice.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- 1/3 cup of olive oil or any neutral-tasting oil.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar or organic brown sugar (loosely packed).
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Measuring Cups
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowls
- Non-stick Loaf Pans
- Silicone Loaf Pan
- Handheld electric mixer
Preheat your oven to 350°F and put parchment paper in a loaf pan. If you have a non-stick loaf pan, you won’t need to use parchment paper.
Pour aquafaba into a medium mixing bowl and whip it using a handheld electric mixer (for 40 to 50 seconds). Make sure it is uniformly foamy.
Pour the aquafaba into some other container and clean the mixing bowl. Put three bananas in it and mash them using a fork. You don’t need to mash the bananas all the way until they are smooth; it is completely okay to have some small chunks in the mixture.
To make vegan “buttermilk,” stir in some lemon juice into the oat milk and set it aside.
Take a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients into it, and whisk them together. Add the whipped aquafaba and the vegan buttermilk that we just made earlier. Add the mashed bananas and mix all the ingredients. Make sure not to overmix it; we need the consistency of pancake batter.
Once the batter is ready, pour it into the loaf pan, smooth out its top with a spatula or spoon, and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes (the time can vary depending on your oven). To check if your vegan banana bread is ready, insert a knife or toothpick in it, and see if it comes out clean. If it does, it is ready!
Once the vegan banana bread is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down for a bit in the baking pan. Then, remove it from the baking pan and let it rest for some time at room temperature, preferably on a cooling rack or a cutting board.
Slice, serve it fresh, and let your taste buds thank you for such an amazing treat! You can also make Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread in your home. Check its easy recipe here.
- Prep time: 25 minutes.
- Cook time: 50 minutes.
- Cool down/rest time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Serving size: 10
How to store banana bread?
Allow the bread to cool down at room temperature, and then wrap it in a plastic sheet or an airtight container. You can easily store it fresh for 2 to 4 days at room temperature this way. To extend its shelf life, you can store it in the fridge.
How do I freeze vegan banana bread?
You can keep vegan banana bread fresh in a freezer in a storage bag. Before eating it, make sure to let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Once it is thawed, you can use a microwave to warm it up, but I prefer heating it on a non-stick skillet for a minute or two on each side.
How to quickly ripen the bananas for this recipe?
The best vegan banana bread recipe is made from naturally ripe bananas. However, if you want to make banana bread urgently but don’t have ripe bananas at home, here is what you can do:
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Place the bananas on a baking sheet, preferably on parchment paper.
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes, or until their skin turns all black.
- To get rid of the excess moisture, strain them over a strainer, and you will be good to go.